Common Media is looking for an outstanding Senior/Lead WordPress Developer to join our 20-person, award-winning digital services agency in Hadley, Massachusetts. We specialize in custom-built, open-source content management and digital repository solutions for universities, corporations and government agencies.
We look for colleagues who are smart, get things done, and care about doing things properly. We appreciate a wide breadth of experience, but the final requirements for this particular opening are a passion for WordPress and the drive to keep up with the tools, processes and techniques. We would prefer to hire full-time and on-site in Hadley MA; but could make an exception for an exceptional candidate.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Requirements-gathering and analysis;
- Implementation planning and technical documentation with individual project teams: tools, approach, resource allocation, and implementation planning;
- Assessing technical risk and preparing mitigation plans as necessary;
- Revising approach and implementation plans as circumstances require;
- WordPress back-end development and theming for new client work;
- Feature development for existing WordPress client projects;
- Ability to coordinate other developers as part of multi-person team efforts;
Technical Leadership (Lead Developer)
- Maintaining an active knowledge of the latest relevant tools, trends and technologies as opportunities for innovation and excellence:
- Ensuring that team members are aware of relevant emerging technologies;
- Considering and evaluating applicable technologies for adoption into standard practice and/or for specific projects.
- Willingness and desire to be presented with (and to solve) the most difficult technical challenges that arise within the WordPress team.
Valued skills and attributes:
- A healthy respect for and knowledge of PHP, the WordPress ecosystem, Twig, SASS/SCSS, Composer and other modern web development tools and techniques;
- Ability to write consistent, standards-compliant HTML and CSS;
- Ability to consider edge cases and thoroughly test your own code;
- An earnest belief in writing good code for the sake of writing good code;
- Ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job, and to be our in-house WordPress guru;
- Comfort working on the command line, especially in Mac and Linux environments;
- Familiarity with modern version control, preferably Git;
- Attention to detail and production schedules;
- Ability to contribute positively in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain a busy work schedule in a collaborative work environment.