Common Media is looking for an outstanding Project Manager to join our team in Hadley, MA. We’re a digital services agency specializing in custom-built, open-source web sites and digital repositories.
Project managers at Common Media juggle a mix of new build projects, often with long arcs and complex technical requirements, as well as support and maintenance work for existing clients. Days are varied and can include meeting with internal teams to track projects, pitching in on proposal writing, QA and browser testing or training a client on their CMS.
We appreciate a wide breadth of experience from candidates, but the final requirements for this job are the ability to anticipate each step of a project, identify potential risks and proactively work with your internal team to head them off. We look to our project managers to shepherd complicated and interesting web products through discovery, design, development and launch with the express goal that they are on time and on budget. Some scope change is inevitable, and timelines and budgets often change in the course of a project: we expect project managers anticipate these modifications and recalibrate plans accordingly.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Effectively communicating between our technical staff and clients;
- Scoping project requirements and defining them with a stellar set of documents;
- Translate sold scope of work into a project plan, including technical brief, functional specifications and timeline;
- Keeping track of project status with internal team and managing communication to client, with a persistent focus on scope, timeline, risks and budget;
Other duties include:
- Testing websites after build and prior to release for client acceptance testing;
- Managing tasks, timeline and project documentation in our project management software;
- Manage multiple website build projects and internal responsibilities simultaneously;
- Facilitating project/client meetings, including scheduling, agenda preparation, note taking;
- Facilitate project demos and admin training sessions with clients;
- Occasional travel for on-site sessions with clients (Boston, NYC).
Valued skills and attributes:
- Prior experience in a project management or related role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience managing clients;
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to gather and interpret business needs and translate them into project documentation;
- Detail oriented and meticulous work ethic. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously with ease;
- Prior work with Drupal, Wordpress and/or other CMS sites, Google Drive, and project management software.